Friday, August 16, 2013

An Early Post


Why am I doing an early post? Well, I'm burned out with work. I've given it close to two weeks strait, weekends and all, and I need a break. I've got stuff to do over the weekend and next week is going to be busy both with the game and other things. I'm tired and I need a rest.

I've already been on two good walks this morning. I'm too tired to go any further and I don't feel up to doing much more than watching TV. So, I decided I better do my blog post before I slipped into "Do absolutely nothing" gear.

I took a walk early this morning to think and enjoy the beauties around me. I have a lot of thinking to do. A lot of my job is to think and think and think some more. It would get boring if you did it just starting at the walls. So, that's not what I do.


Interesting little caterpillar isn't it?


As far as I can tell those goats are wild. They don't seem to have any collars...


It's a beautiful place isn't it? Anyways, after I got back I dove into work and got what I had to do knocked out in pretty short order. Of course, I'm working on more than just “work” today. I'm still trying to get that new Gamers movie downloaded. A lot of people have been having trouble with it. I think they just weren't prepared for how many people were going to watch it. In truth that may have nothing to do with it, but it's common to underestimate things like that.

In addition to working on the download (I finally gave up and ran a cable to my computer rather than trying to use the wireless) I'm also working on Rachel's laptop. It decided to go all funky yesterday so I have to reload everything. Before I can do that I need to back it up. Since it was over 100 Gigs of data I decided to compress it first. That takes a while... I hope to have the data copied off the drive in the next hour or so. Time will tell...

Either way, after I had the wheels in motion I went for another walk.


We think those are unripe oranges by the way. They certainly smell like oranges. :)


Shortly after we got back we got a little rain.


That may not look like much to you, but we love to see water flowing into our cisterns :)

I'm going to wrap this post up with a little news. Some of you already know, some of you don't. The fact is that our little clan is heading back to the US in October. Why are we leaving this paradise? Well, we miss the folks back home. Having done this we realize that we're just going to have to travel around a bit for the next few years. We have deep roots back in the states and can't just forget them.

On the other hand we can't just let go of what we've found here either. We have friends and family right here in Dominica. We love this little island and, Lord willing, we will certainly be coming back. Our current plan is to stay in the US at least until the summer. Even if we leave for the summer we plan to come back for the fall. Then we plan to come back to Dominica in January 2015 and stay until the end of March or beginning of April. Where do we plan to go for the summer? Somewhere cooler, lol.

Really we've just gotten a taste of going and doing and seeing and we want to keep it up. We want to come home and see everyone, but we don't want to stay in the US year in and year out. There's a great big world out here and a lot of it is worth seeing. For the next few years we want to spend at least three months in Dominica, but other than that our schedule is open. Maybe we'll go to Scotland or Ireland for the summer, maybe we'll head for the Bimini Islands, or maybe we'll just rent a house in the mountains of North Carolina. Either way, we don't want to come back and crawl into the same old routine.

Anyways, I'm calling it here for the day. It's time for me to take a break and really have a good goof off. So, goodnight from Dominica!

6 comments:

  1. Loved the pics, can hardly wait to visit you all (really wanted to say all y'all---lol) in Dominica around the first part of Oct., then we'll all be home together again for a while. God has blessed us all richly.
    Love you all,
    Mom (Also wanted to count how many times I wrote "all"---hahahahaha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Y'all" would have been acceptable, lol. Anyways, I feel certain it's going to be a lot of fun :)

      Delete
  2. Well I guess there is no reason to look at the cabins since ya'll are coming home.
    Sale trip when you come home.
    Love, Aunt Sarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I wouldn't say that. We plan to come back in January 2015 and we intend to keep going back and forth after that. There are a lot of rental properties here, but it's still good to know which ones you would want if you could get them :)

      Delete
  3. Trying to save my money so when you get home we can go to Mcdonalds and a few other places too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! I want to go to Burger King myself, lol.

      Delete